Talk

Advanced search

Get £10 off your first lesson with Mumsnet-Rated tutoring service Tutorful here

moved to the sale moor area which primary schools are the best?

(13 Posts)
rach3l3l Thu 15-Jan-15 10:47:20

Hope someone can help me. We live in the sale moor area and I haven't a clue which primary school to apply for for my little girl. I have til midnight tonight to apply. We are catholic but that's not a necessity along as the school is good. Please help smile

SophieBarringtonWard Thu 15-Jan-15 11:12:49

I don't know Sale Moor schools but I would start off with which schools you have a realistic chance of getting into. Have you looked round any?

rach3l3l Thu 15-Jan-15 21:42:15

Yes she is in limetree nursery at present.

rach3l3l Thu 15-Jan-15 21:45:15

I originally wanted my children to go to a Catholic primary school however after looking at ofsted in our area of the Catholic school which I actually went to. It wasn't the best. Do u think it matters that as practicing catholics my children don't go to a faith school?

auntpetunia Sat 17-Jan-15 18:02:02

When we lived in sale moor DS went to worthington road. It was a fab school but that was many years ago. Where did you pick in the end?

Sophieelmer Sat 17-Jan-15 18:05:34

Really, you have waited until deadline day and want mumsnet to decide?

footallsock Sat 17-Jan-15 18:31:18

Mine are RC but I chose a community school. Hope you decided !

rach3l3l Sat 17-Jan-15 20:41:03

Sophieelmer I was asking advice to people on mumsnet, not to decide for me and yes I waited til deadline day so I could ensure I made the right decision. I chose the school she is presently at nursery. She loves it there and it is a community school. Footallsock why did u choose the community school over RC? Just out of interest. Thanks

footallsock Sat 17-Jan-15 21:03:20

I am quite near you and wanted my DC to go to a large diverse school in terms of faiths, colour, wealth and also one with lots of sport and music. I found the faith schools to be very white middle class and not reflective of the local population and life in general. I am a believer in multi faith education

rach3l3l Sun 18-Jan-15 16:34:28

I completely understand that. that's a fantastic view to have and I now feel happy that my daughter is going to a community school. as I was brought up going to catholic primary and secondary schools. Just another quick question. Hope you don't mind. Is it still possible to do a first holy communion even if they are not available faith school. Thanks

rach3l3l Sun 18-Jan-15 16:35:34

At a faith school. Not available hmm

footallsock Sun 18-Jan-15 20:08:32

Yes totally. The parish church will do classes for any children who want to do it. Last year at ours there was about 10. They just did it on a different day to the RC school children. Lots of RC children go to private or non faith school etc

rach3l3l Mon 19-Jan-15 09:42:33

That's brilliant. Thank you for your info. It's very much appreciated

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: