Talk

Advanced search

Maidenhead primary schools - how good is Riverside Primary ?

(4 Posts)
ha1968 Sun 11-Jan-15 16:13:28

hi
We have recently moved to the UK from overseas for the first time and taken up residence in maidenhead as we were told that there are good schools in thsi area. Our rental house is in the oldfield catchment but we were notified this week by the council that there are no places in Oldfield or any of other choices and now offered a place in Riverside Primary. Their OFSTED report is not great and that has made us very worried.

Can anyone who has kids going to Riverside or have a knowledge of this area and school give us some guidance on how good Riverside is and whether we should consider it at all or wait till a place opens up in one of the better schools.

Our son is 6.5 years old and we are looking for a place in Year 2.

appreicate your inputs - thanks Hita

CharlesRyder Sun 11-Jan-15 16:55:25

Could you use Ridgeway while you wait for a place at Oldfield?

ha1968 Sun 11-Jan-15 17:19:31

thanks - yes that (Ridgeway) is an option we are considering.

But we were just keen to understand what the real picture at Riverside was if that becomes our only option or if after some wait the council comes back with the same option.

Kaymumma Tue 02-Aug-16 08:03:21

Hi I have moved to Cookham in April ,we have a now 6 year old son who still has not got a school to go to,he was offered RIverside school in Maidenhead , I have visited the school and to be honest was not impressed.
I am aware that a new head teacher will be taking over the school in September and have heard he's an amazing head master, but just wanted some opinions of local parents who with know about the school or their children attend the school, as we are being forced by the council to either accept the place or home school my son , being new to the area he has no friends and is very lonely I would like to get him in to a school ASAP so his education does not suffer also to have some interaction with other children like he should be. Any comments information would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks Kayleigh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now