Talk

Advanced search

Samuel Rider Academy

(4 Posts)
pasev47 Tue 06-Jan-15 16:20:06

Hi there, I am thinking of choosing the primary school at Samuel Rider Academy. I know the Ofsted results still look pretty grim, but as the school has so many facilities, including a pool, and primary school results seem good, I am hoping it is the right choice... Other option is Cunningham, which has outstanding rating, but not that many facilities... Any thoughts, advice, comments, please?

iKnackered Wed 07-Jan-15 11:07:01

The Head at the Primary is meant to be excellent. Does the ofsted report separate the primary from the secondary? What did they say about the primary alone?

Coro Wed 07-Jan-15 11:13:02

Samuel Ryder is an excellent school which has lots of money thrown at it. The primary has nothing but positives said about it and the secondary, which is what has let down the OFSTED has an impressive, cohesive team working to ensure the children achieve their full potential. I don't feel you can ask for more than that really.
Cunningham Hill is also a very nice school from what I hear.
I would visit both schools and see which best suits your child as a great OFSTED rating doesn't necessarily mean the right fit for your child.
HTH

pasev47 Wed 07-Jan-15 13:34:23

Hi there, thanks for your responses. The Ofsted report concentrates on the secondary, with primary only mentioned in a few lines, although whatever was said was all good. I have visited both schools, and did prefer Samuel Rider, was just having a last minute panic prior to final submissions on the 15th Jan as regards to weather I am making the right choice, so thought I would see what experiences people had...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now