Talk

Advanced search

Does your child have an Ipod Touch...if so what accessories do they have?

(13 Posts)
hulahoopsilove Tue 06-Jan-15 11:10:18

DD is having one for her birthday looking for some accessories, what would you recommend. Was thinking about some speakers maybe but nothing too expensive

PumpkinRain Tue 06-Jan-15 11:26:52

My Dd's have a docking station. Think they were about £30 from Argos. They have rubber penguin cases on them too.

hulahoopsilove Tue 06-Jan-15 11:28:13

I was wondering if a Docking Station would be better than speakers but then again wouldnt want to be transporting this to and fro so speakers as well

higherhill Tue 06-Jan-15 12:44:11

A rubber case is a must

GrandTheftQuarto Tue 06-Jan-15 12:45:43

More charging cables than you would imagine possible.

hulahoopsilove Tue 06-Jan-15 13:56:16

errr charging cables????

GrandTheftQuarto Tue 06-Jan-15 14:19:38

Mains charger, car charger, USB sync cable, spare USB sync cable, USB wall adapter... grin

hulahoopsilove Tue 06-Jan-15 14:40:11

yikes!

Do you think a docking station is needed, do yours have speakers as well?

GrandTheftQuarto Tue 06-Jan-15 14:43:53

I would stick with just the iPod and a good protective case initially, actually - it'll become obvious over time if more or different charging cables are needed, and I'd keep speakers/fancy headphones/docking stations in reserve for future birthday/Christmas presents. But then I'm stingy grin

But yes, I second a case. I'm careful with my stuff and have totally smashed two iPod touch screens just by dropping the thing a few inches on to the floor at just the wrong angle.

dementedpixie Thu 08-Jan-15 11:41:10

my dd has a docking station with speakers in her room as she listens to music as she goes to sleep. It has a timer so it switches off itself after a set time. She tends to play games on it during the day rather than listen to music so doesnt really need extra speakers too.

DD doesnt have a cover for hers, should maybe get one for her

ouryve Thu 08-Jan-15 11:50:35

Definitely a protective case.

DS2 plays games on his rather than listening to music. DS1 does listen to music, but on a £30 Sansa Clip. He just uses earphones with it.

ouryve Thu 08-Jan-15 11:52:59

We have one of these - cheap and cheerful and while it doesn't look so neat, any more, it's a lot more robust.
www.amazon.co.uk/ZAFOORAH%C2%AE-Generation-Defender-Protector-Microfiber/dp/B00N63PYR2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1420717886&sr=8-5&keywords=ipod+touch+case

dementedpixie Thu 08-Jan-15 11:58:57

I was just looking at them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now