Talk

Advanced search

11+

(7 Posts)
Feeeeee Mon 05-Jan-15 12:54:58

hi have been looking at bond 11+ books, but should i get age 8-9 or 9-10, my dd is turning 9 next month and in year 4. thanks.

jeee Mon 05-Jan-15 13:01:47

First, find out whether Bond is relevant. In Kent, for example, GL Assessment set the 11+. Find out who sets your 11+. The 11+ Forum is good for this kind of information.

Feeeeee Mon 05-Jan-15 13:07:45

thanks jeee, we are in kent, have looked at which ones i need, it was more the age i wasnt sure on, will go and check the forum. thanks again.

sunnyfrostyday Mon 05-Jan-15 13:25:40

Personally, I would get one 8-9 book for each area, and see how your dd gets on. I found it easier to teach DS the format and style of questions with the easier levels, and then move up a year when he had grasped the idea.

Feeeeee Mon 05-Jan-15 13:32:26

thanks sunnyfrostyday makes sense next questions is they also do stretch books in all ages, have you used these? if so do i get them or normal ones?

MinimalistMommi Mon 05-Jan-15 17:40:46

Have you looked at any specific 11 + GL assessment stuff from Amazon? Maybe someone can suggest some maths specific ones.

For verbal reasoning I would recommend IPS Eleven Plus Secondary School Selection Verbal Reasoning Method and Technique A guid for parents and pupils for example. It's realky good! They also do Daily Practice tests books which are about ten minutes in length and are really good also.

Tanaqui Tue 06-Jan-15 19:58:48

Bond are pretty good prep to start with for Kent- the GL papers are better nearer the time. I would start with the younger age range so hopefully she will whizz through confidently and you can spot any gaps. Don't do a GL paper now if she is only just 9!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now