Talk

Advanced search

Northwich Schools and Area Information Please

(3 Posts)
LisaJL Wed 17-Dec-14 16:43:55

Hi, we will be moving around Easter to within commuting distance of Chester and are looking at Northwich. We have 3 children, 5 and under - 1 would need to transfer schools then and 1 would start in Sept. I'm looking for advise on primary schools, good ones, any with problems, any that are generally oversubscribed etc which will then help us to narrow our house search down. Any advise on schools and on the best areas to look at (or areas to avoid for any reason) would be great please!! Thank You :-)

admission Wed 17-Dec-14 21:34:04

Commute into Chester from Northwich is not that brilliant, in fact any commute into the middle of Chester is not that brilliant, so I wonder whether that needs to be given some further thought. It will take an hour or so every morning.

Your problem is that with moving at Easter that you will be counted as a late application for the one starting in September and therefore be at the end of the queue when it comes to getting your preference of school.

Generally across Cheshire West and Chester which is the LA involved schools are quite good and there is a boom in kids coming into the schools at the bottom end, so many of the best ones are full. As far as the child who is 5, you will need an address you are moving into before you can get a school place, so I am afraid it is a bit of chicken and egg. You need an address but there is no guarantee that you will then get a place at a local school because of the pressure on places.

In the Northwich area Ofsted outstanding schools include Sandiway, Hartford, Davenham and Kingsmead. If you move a bit nearer to Chester then Delamere, Kelsall, Ukinton and Eaton are possibilities that are outstanding and there are 8 other outstanding primaries actually in Chester plus others in different areas of the LA. But a lot of the other schools are judged Good by Ofsted and many would be realistic for your children.

If you PM me with more details of exactly where work will be then I might be able to pinpoint schools.

LisaJL Thu 18-Dec-14 14:55:53

Thanks for your input admissions, much appreciated :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now