Talk

Advanced search

any experience with spanish or french bilingual schools

(4 Posts)
dolcevita226 Wed 17-Dec-14 14:23:34

hello,
just moved to london in june and our lease is up at the end of February so I need to find a good place to live based on where my children (boy almost 3, 4 month old girl)will go to school. We are considering a bilingual school such as ecole bilingue (st marys terrace, for example) or the Spanish school on portobello road. anyone have any experience with these? am worried the french one will be 1) impossible to get into and/or 2) too rigid in the French academic part (worried about that for the Spanish one too)...
any feedback greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

Bonsoir Wed 17-Dec-14 17:08:09

I think you have to be extremely highly motivated to stand a chance of getting a place in a French bilingual school in London. There is a severe shortage of schooling for French speakers in London.

dolcevita226 Wed 17-Dec-14 17:52:09

Bonsoir, bonsoir,
Thanks for your message... I am starting to conclude (despair!) that getting a place in any good school, whether private or state, is going to take a minor miracle...
Have you heard anything about the bilingual school at st. Mary's terrace?
Merci beacoup en tout cas!

Spanish10 Wed 17-Dec-14 19:48:16

The Canada blanch in Portobello follow the Spanish Curriculum. They don't take GCSE or A levels. The teaching is mostly in Spanish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now