Talk

Advanced search

Montessori for the rest of Primary- Avoid Tests & Build Confidence?

(3 Posts)
victorianhomedreamer Fri 12-Dec-14 17:33:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

imip Fri 12-Dec-14 17:50:08

Hmmm...

I wouldn't. My 4 dcs are all Montessori pre-school educated, but I think getting them used to mainstream education is a good thing. Our local Montessori primary school apparently still has 'house points' and class awards, and after talking to a parent there, that sort of thing doesn't sound to different to what my kids experience in mainstream school.

I'd certainly be more worried about the oldest only going to Montessori for the last couple of years of primary school. Is this their first experience of the Montessori environment? I'm not that up-to-speed with what goes on in a Montessori primary school, but if it is like the preschool, you learn things in stages and progress slowly to more difficult work. I wonder if the dcs would almost have to be 'unschooled' before going into the Montessori environment.

I love love love Montessori for preschool, but I'm not so crash-hot on it for primary school.

victorianhomedreamer Fri 12-Dec-14 18:19:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now