Talk

Advanced search

What to give my class as a christmas present

(21 Posts)
Staceyslaterfan2014 Sun 07-Dec-14 23:08:09

Hello

I am a TA at a lovely school and as it is coming up to Christmas I am hoping to buy my class something as a whole or maybe a little present each.

As it is a healthy eating school we are not allowed to give chocolates or sweets but I'm thinking maybe a book or something for the whole class and a little rubber each but I'm not entirely sure.

I wonder if you can offer any advise on what kids like my class are year 3

Thank you for your advise

AppleRings Sun 07-Dec-14 23:15:15

How much are you looking to spend?
I've bought some book collections from the book people for my class. It's aboyt £1 a book

Staceyslaterfan2014 Sun 07-Dec-14 23:18:20

Applerings aww that is a nice idea. I am looking to spend maybe just under £15 but it will be for the whole class!!

overthemill Sun 07-Dec-14 23:19:19

What about an audiobook?

teeththief Sun 07-Dec-14 23:20:04

Definitely books for the book corner. What age are they?

2468Motorway Sun 07-Dec-14 23:20:04

You sound really nice but honestly 30 of anything really mounts up. I would think just a Christmas card is lovely but you could buy a set of new felt tips for the class (not each!). If you definitely want to give them a token each a rubber sounds great and I'm sure you could find a good deal on ebay or amazon marketplace.

CatCushion Sun 07-Dec-14 23:20:26

Have a look in places like Hawkins Bazaar (the shop, or online)

Some toy shops have a range of small gifts which can be fun.

Ideas could be:
Bouncing putty (small amount, comes in little paper envelope. Costs about 50p each. Do not leave on the carpet, can melt a hole through it!)
Novelty pencil sharpeners
novelty pencils
colour change pen
small box of coloured pencils

Some name label places will cater for teachers, so instead of getting one child's name 100 times, you can have 30 different names 3 times each...so you could get a pack or two of those so the children could have a few sticky labels with their names on.

Books are a good idea...or book token each (the risk being some won't spend them and the money goes to waste).

FabulousFudge Sun 07-Dec-14 23:21:52

A pencil or a rubber or something is fine.

Asda sometimes have sets of 10 pencils with a rubber topper that are quite cheap.

whereismagic Sun 07-Dec-14 23:23:40

Frozen sing along during school day? grin

turdfairynomore Sun 07-Dec-14 23:23:59

I usually order plain wooden Xmas decorations from amazon then paint them white and add their name/class/year with a metallic sharpie. I also take a pic of them in their nativity outfit and put it into an ikea cheap frame. Very cute!!

Staceyslaterfan2014 Sun 07-Dec-14 23:24:37

teeththeif they are 7 and 8. wow that is some great ideas you've suggested thanks catcushion thanks 2468 i will look on those suggested websites aswell

cece Sun 07-Dec-14 23:24:37

Game for the wet play box.

Tennis ball each

BuddyKringleberry Sun 07-Dec-14 23:26:38

My mum gets her class a chicken (and one year a bike for a midwife) for a village in Africa x

Staceyslaterfan2014 Sun 07-Dec-14 23:27:07

whereismagic haha I'm sure some girls would love it but they boys not so much, they act like they are too cool for Frozen and moan when the girls sing it bless them grin if they are naughty maybe fwink

babyboo1and2 Sun 07-Dec-14 23:27:11

I saw a pack of five or six Xmas pencils each with an Xmas topper for £1 in our local pound shop.

Staceyslaterfan2014 Sun 07-Dec-14 23:29:15

babyboo1and2 that is nice! I was actually looking for something like that today but couldn't find any in the highstreet

nonicknameseemsavailable Mon 08-Dec-14 20:18:42

a book or two for the class would be nice I think. what about something like a nice poetry book or reference sciencey book or something that they can look at in the book corner. My kids are Yr1 and Yr2, they wouldn't expect anything from the teacher or TA although it is nice if they get a card I think. or if you have a no sweets policy would you be allowed to take in some more interesting fruit for break time on the last day?

Thatssofunny Mon 08-Dec-14 20:39:39

Mine get a book each. I've got sets from the Book People, as AppleRings suggested. They are part of their advent calendar, though. When their name gets pulled out, they get to choose a book from a big box. Anything left at the end goes into our book corner.
Some of them appreciate it,..others not so much. grin
We don't have rules regarding chocolate, though. Mine get chocolate every now and then as part of lessons.

My husband is getting his class two board games for wet play.

Icapturethecastle Mon 08-Dec-14 21:13:46

I am thinking of buying this for the teacher we have it and it is a beautiful book it is quite large so great for a few children to look at - all at the same time this lovely Atlas

LumpySpacedPrincess Mon 08-Dec-14 21:18:37

I am getting our year ones a marble run.

mrsm43s Tue 09-Dec-14 14:20:19

Dot com gift shop have some very cheap things in the kids sale, although their delivery isn't the fastest, so you might be pushing it for Xmas.

10p items

www.dotcomgiftshop.com/party-time-pencil-erasers?ll=menulink&ctid=5699&pos=1

www.dotcomgiftshop.com/kitty-pencil-erasers?ll=menulink&ctid=5699&pos=2

www.dotcomgiftshop.com/assorted-individual-sheet-food-stickers?ll=menulink&ctid=5699&pos=4

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now