Talk

Advanced search

Islington primary schools: Canonbury or William Tyndale???

(3 Posts)
Littlething Sun 07-Dec-14 11:04:04

Hello everyone,
We are trying to make a decision about primary school for our DD and can do with some help! We are in a rather lucky position to live close to both William Tyndale school and Canonbury school. DD is now attending WT nursery and I am trying to decide if we should pick it as our first choice for reception or rather go for Canonbury. I have a feeling that Canonbury might be more relaxed than WT and I really want DD to be in a school which is not overly regimental. From our experience at WT I feel that they put lots of value on discipline and rules and while I appreciate it is necessary, I worry if it is too much for a 3-4 year old. I have to say that I have little knowledge about modern educational system so probably what I see as too much discipline is actually standard. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

CruCru Mon 08-Dec-14 15:30:57

They're both good schools. I think Canonbury have had a change of senior leadership so don't know much about the new head. William Tyndale is super popular with an ever decreasing catchment area.

As your child already goes to the nursery, I would pick WT. At least she'll know some other children.

Littlething Mon 08-Dec-14 15:36:57

Thanks for your opinion, CruCru. That's a very valid point about knowing other children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now