Talk

Advanced search

appeal unsuccessful

(4 Posts)
snehanish Wed 03-Dec-14 12:26:58

hi

my daughter is in year one and recently we moved to arnold from hyson green and i did applied for school placement in near two school but they dont have place and i went for appeal but it was unsuccessful.as my home to school distance is 4.7 mile each way as i dont drive she have to travel 1 hour each way in bus and also i m spending a lot money in transport and also i left my job also.can anybody guide me what option i have?

snehanish Wed 03-Dec-14 12:28:08

my daughter is in year one and recently we moved to arnold from hyson green and i did applied for school placement in near two school but they dont have place and i went for appeal but it was unsuccessful.as my home to school distance is 4.7 mile each way as i dont drive she have to travel 1 hour each way in bus and also i m spending a lot money in transport and also i left my job also.can anybody guide me what option i have?

LIZS Wed 03-Dec-14 12:31:15

Have the LA offered you anywhere nearer, even if not of your choice ? If they can't they maybe liable for transport provision. Not sure how your job situation is relevant though .

prh47bridge Wed 03-Dec-14 13:06:24

If the school is more than 2 miles away by the shortest safe walking route and the LA have not offered a place at a school closer to home you are entitled to free transport. The qualifying distance goes up to 3 miles when your daughter is 8. If the shortest walking route is 4.7 miles you definitely qualify and should apply. Note that the free transport is for your child only, not for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now