Talk

Advanced search

Nurturing but academic pre-prep?

(7 Posts)
Elfina Sun 30-Nov-14 18:55:30

This is all very new for me, so be gentle! Am interested in finding a warm, nurturing school for my DD, who is showing signs if being very bright. We live in South London. Any ideas of where to start looking?

CharlesRyder Mon 01-Dec-14 06:55:20

I would start a new thread with details of your location then local people will pop up with their thoughts!

rootypig Mon 01-Dec-14 06:59:30

Have a look at Bute House

sunsetsandsunrises Mon 01-Dec-14 08:36:55

Agree with CharlesRyder. Where in South London do you live?

Bute House is located in Brook Green, near Hammersmith/Shepherds Bush, all girls, lottery age 4 and 7+ entry exams. Feeder to St Pauls Girls.

I would not have suggested that school for a South London location...hence the question about where you live exactly.

LIZS Mon 01-Dec-14 08:43:21

You could start by looking at www.isc.co.uk/find-a-school then each school's website , then visit. Maybe look at GDST schools as there are several in the suburbs .Where in S London are you based and how far would you journey ?

How old is your dd , often you need to register very early to get in at 4+. Early Years settings are also Ofsted inspected, even in independent schools, so you can refer to that too.

Elfina Mon 01-Dec-14 11:51:58

We're in crystal palace. DD is two.

Sorry, I've got two threads running now!

whereismagic Mon 01-Dec-14 11:57:49

Herne hill prep, pre-school at Dulwich prep - both with a view of getting into JAGs at 7+ or 4+.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now