Talk

Advanced search

Permission for absence on Friday afternoon.

(13 Posts)
Asleeponasunbeam Sat 29-Nov-14 18:14:39

We need to take DD out of school about an hour early next week. It would be after registration. Do I write to ask permission or write to inform that I'll be collecting her early? Thanks.

TimeForAnotherNameChange Sat 29-Nov-14 18:15:59

Just inform that you'll be collecting early - if you request it as abscence you won't get it, although I see you say it will be after registration, in which case you might have a sympathetic head.

Asleeponasunbeam Sat 29-Nov-14 18:17:12

I doubt she'd want her attendance figures screwed up! So you think it'a okay just to write 'We will be collecting x at 2pm on ...'?

Starlightbright1 Sat 29-Nov-14 18:19:59

Is it doctors or dentist. I simply inform the office when this happens.

Waitingonasunnyday Sat 29-Nov-14 18:24:03

I have taken DC out an hour early for an appointment and just called the school that morning to let them know, they were fine about it as it was after registration.

Waitingonasunnyday Sat 29-Nov-14 18:25:06

PS I found using the word 'appointment' was accurate, and if they assumed it was a medical appointment well I hadn't lied wink

Asleeponasunbeam Sat 29-Nov-14 18:27:37

Well it is an 'appointment'...with grandpa for his 60th birthday, 4 hours drive away.

DD won't be staying quiet about that though and I wouldn't ask her to lie.

Panzee Sat 29-Nov-14 18:27:41

Let the teacher know at drop off. Enjoy!

pointlesslonging Sat 29-Nov-14 20:27:44

i've done this before after 1.30 so I got the afternoon register. immediately register signed, we were outta there. made no difference to their attendance figures. that's all they cared about.

ChristmasJumperWearer Sat 29-Nov-14 20:29:35

Just tell the teacher or the office, and they don't care as long as it's after registration!

Asleeponasunbeam Sat 29-Nov-14 20:33:28

Thought they wouldn't care really, as it's deliberately after registration! I'll tell the teacher at pick up the day before as I don't do drop off. Thanks.

clam Sat 29-Nov-14 20:55:03

I don't think you even need to give a heads up the day before. I frequently get a phone message from one of the secretaries the same day, saying so-and-so is being picked up at such-and-such a time, please send him to office. It's a non-issue. We can't refuse to release them, nor would we.

screamingeels Sat 29-Nov-14 22:46:24

We've done exactly this for great-grans 100th birthday, 5hrs drive away. There was quite a lot of tooth sucking in the office as they thought we should have left earlier (right after registration) to get a jump on the traffic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now