Talk

Advanced search

Perhaps a silly question - do Reception children get school reports like the upper years do?

(10 Posts)
thetropicmama7 Thu 20-Nov-14 10:53:45

Interim School reports are due out soon and whilst I have a child in year 4, I cannot remember for the life of me whether he received one when he was in Reception. I know we will get feedback of DD's performance (she is in Reception) during Parents' Evening but will she receive a school report with "results" like my Y4 DS will?

GreatJoanUmber Thu 20-Nov-14 11:07:35

I don't think so, as there really isn't much to report wink
My DS1 was in reception last year, and only got a report at the end of the year (one of those "as expected/exceeds expectations" tick list ones).

thetropicmama7 Thu 20-Nov-14 13:15:36

Thank you :-) I did wonder whether it was Reception or Year 1 they received their first "proper" marks report :-)

turkeyboots Thu 20-Nov-14 13:19:14

Our get one report a year and the reception one is usually a work of art, with photos of DC, their art work and other things. It's a real momento of their year. Was v sad to get dull tick sheet from Y1 onwards.

thetropicmama7 Thu 20-Nov-14 16:28:07

I know what you mean. The first time my DS got a report, it was all these "2a 3b, etc" business and I didn't even know what they meant! shock

catkind Thu 20-Nov-14 17:34:03

Ours got one at the end of the school year with their EYFS levels and comments about what they'd been doing. Nothing before that. But it sounds like they only do one report a year in Y1 too so that may not help.

Best bit was DS own targets for himself, like "get beter at speling" smile

CharlesRyder Thu 20-Nov-14 17:43:16

We do. Parents' Evening before half term and written report before end of term, every term. Poor teachers! Small classes though so maybe not so bad.

BramwellBrown Thu 20-Nov-14 19:31:31

DS did every term, DD got one at the end of reception but nothing before then, they are at different schools so i guess it must depend on the school

mrz Thu 20-Nov-14 20:02:23

Our reception children get a report the same as any other year group.

Barbeasty Thu 20-Nov-14 21:01:27

We had one last week, ready for parents evening this week. It was a tick list, with a list of "soft skills" that will help them succeed and then 3 literacy and 3 maths things they should be able to do by the end of the year.

The soft skills are things like being able to listen to a story, playing with others, holding a pencil and having a go at writing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now