Talk

Advanced search

St Hildas Bushey

(5 Posts)
mumofthreegoingmad Sun 09-Nov-14 23:56:31

My daughter sits for this school next week. Please please can you share any experience of this school or the assessment. i would be really grateful.

mumofthreegoingmad Mon 10-Nov-14 21:12:18

Anyone? I havent prepped her for the assessment so hoping it really is what the say it is and they arent going to expect her to read or write??

Sunsmile1 Mon 10-Nov-14 21:47:00

Hi mumofthreegoingmad,
I feel your angst!
We did the assessment last year (can't quite believe it's a year ago we went through the stress), we really liked this school and it was our first choice as a back-up. I like that it is quite small and yet they offer a very broad curriculum, also their 11+ results really speak for themselves.
I would find it very difficult to tell you what exactly they did. I know my daughter came out with a picture she had done during the assessment but other than that have no idea.
To put your mind at rest though I can tell you my daughter is an August born and therefore one of the youngest and relatively shy, I thought she looked like a little lost lamb when she went in and was extremely anxious as to how she would get on, despite this she did get offered a place and no she could not read or write so please do not be scared off by other posts regarding 4+ on these forums.
I believe they are looking for girls that show a willingness to want to learn and potential, not something that you can prep for.
Hope this helps & Good Luck xxx

mumofthreegoingmad Tue 11-Nov-14 22:44:15

Thanks so much sunsmile1. That does ease the stress (just a bit!) Did you end up sending your daughter there, or somewhere else? You said it was your backup? Thank you.

Sunsmile1 Wed 12-Nov-14 22:01:35

No, we ended up turning the place down as my daughter was very fortunate and got offered a place at our top choice. I do know the stress you feel though, it is horrible......hope all goes well for you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now