Talk

Advanced search

Cambridge Primary Schools, Reception 2015

(3 Posts)
Artepka Sat 08-Nov-14 22:23:19

Is anyone in the same situation? Our catchment school is Ridgefield and Queen Emma. However, Ridgefield is much closer to us. From what we know the School has improved recently a lot. Would you be worried to send your child there? We have a bit mixed feelings. Does anyone have a child there? Are you happy with the School?

woolly76 Tue 11-Nov-14 10:04:27

I have children at St Philips and know people with children at QE. They say it is a good school, though the downside is that there is less sense of community at a school with a very wide catchment, for this reason they left and went local when a place eventually came up. Heard very good things about Ridgefield. I agonised over all of this and very much underestimated locality and distance, I am so glad we chose the school nearest to us. The children have friends on every street surrounding us

Artepka Tue 11-Nov-14 15:30:01

Thank you very much for this. It is really helpful. I find the distance and friends around also important. I have compared SATS (4+) (Morley, St Philips, St Matthews, Ridgefield) and they are very much the same so I think the Mumsnet opinions about St Philips and Ridgefield I have found here are based on the past. If I understand it correctly Ridgefield was even better than St Matthews at Writing and Maths this year. However, I am not interested only in Ofsted and SATS and that is why I really want to hear from parents involved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now