Talk

Advanced search

DS starting Mere Green Primary School on Monday Need Some Basic Info and help

(6 Posts)
starrih1 Sat 01-Nov-14 12:50:31

We moved into the Sutton Coldfield/Four Oaks area in Birmingham a few months ago and have finally been offered a school place. It is at Mere Green Primary school (was Mere Green Combined).

He starts on Monday 3rd November and we only found out just over a week ago. We did view the school before hand and I have managed to get some info off website but I wonder if anyone can help me with the following:

What times does the school start and finish each day?
Where do i drop him off and pick him up?
What is the PE uniform?
Do they have to take their own pencil cases/equipment?
Do they take their own water bottles?
Do most children take their own bag or have a school book bag?

I probably have other questions too. Would really like to make contact with someone whose child/children go to this school if that's possible. My son will be going into Year 3.

divingoffthebalcony Sat 01-Nov-14 12:52:19

This might sound obvious, but can you not give the school a ring on Monday?

missnevermind Sat 01-Nov-14 12:56:42

I don't know the school it's self but for PE black shorts white t shirt and black plimsolls you can't go wrong.
Take a water bottle the first day.
Birmingham primary children don't generally take their own pencils and such.
First day drop off I would imagine to be to the office not the class room.

missnevermind Sat 01-Nov-14 13:00:11

Can't help with drop off times. We are 8.35 some are 8.45 and 8.55. It should be on the website though.
When you drop off they will let you know where to pick up.

Muskey Sat 01-Nov-14 13:06:10

I don't know the school but I would probably take him to school for 9.00 that way you miss all the hustle and bustle that comes with a Monday after a holiday. The receptionist/secretary would then have time to find your dc teacher or head teacher which ever is appropriate. Don't worry about PE kit that can be sorted out later. Likewise yes to the water bottle. Take a deep breath it will be ok

missnevermind Sat 01-Nov-14 13:08:01

The schools own breakfast club runs 7.30 to 8.30 so that suggests an early start time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now