Talk

Advanced search

WWYD - interveiw - dilemma - will need to move - young family one kid just started school

(3 Posts)
musicmusic Sat 01-Nov-14 11:04:03

Pros:
- this is step up role for me
- stimulating work environment ( seems to be)
- with the position, i will be able to look for the next step in my career, add more credibility to my CV,
- need a change - so that would be a real change for place to leave, work etc
- money - i guess the position will have a bigger salary than what I have now

Cons
- My daughter in school now - just started, so she will need to start the school ( and there is a school with the place nearby where I would move to work). I think kids are small so will probably slot in.
- My husband earns half what I earn, so if the salary is even better what I earn now - that is already a plus? I suggest my husband then tries to a) negotiate with his present work to do bulk hours ( for example 3 days to live where we live now) and the rest of teh week - with me and kids. UNTIL he find a new job near we wodul woudl live
- have to build the community ties ( at the moment we have friends, parents nearby, parents community - parents we know from school)

My consideration:
1. we are renting now and not tied in to the mortgage, so can move.

2. I think if go for the job and start in March - I would just rent in the area myself to see if I get on ok with the job etc and then move kids and family in summer? this woudl allow some breathing space and gentler transition.

3. it is quite a unique position that I woudl interview for - special niche for me and what I like doing, it is rare for this type of position to come up...

musicmusic Sat 01-Nov-14 11:05:30

sorry the full message is here:

The job really attracted me as good position Will attend interview and if offered - will need to move ( 2 hours away from where we live now),

Pros:
- this is step up role for me
- stimulating work environment ( seems to be)
- with the position, i will be able to look for the next step in my career, add more credibility to my CV,
- need a change - so that would be a real change for place to leave, work etc
- money - i guess the position will have a bigger salary than what I have now

Cons
- My older daughter in school now - just started, so she will need to start the school ( and there is a school with the place nearby where I would move to work). I think kids are small so will probably slot in.
- My husband earns half what I earn, so if the salary is even better what I earn now - that is already a plus? I suggest my husband then tries to a) negotiate withhis present work to do bulk hours ( for example 3 days to live where we live now) and the rest of teh week - with me and kids. UNTIL he find a new job near we wodul woudl live
- have to build the community ties ( at the moment we have friends, parents nearby, parents community - parents we know from school)

My consideration:
1. we are renting now and not tied in to the mortage, so can move.

2. I think if go for the job and start in March - I would just rent in the area myself to see if I get on ok with the job etc and then move kids and family in summer? this woudl allow some breating space and gentler transition.

3. it is quite a unique position that I woudl interveiw for - special niche for me and what I like doing, it is rare for this type of position to come up...

Please let me know your thoughts - woudl really appreciate it.

thank you all!

tethersend Sat 01-Nov-14 14:11:04

You want this job.

I would definitely move- it won't be easy for your family, but in the long run, I think everyone will be fine; whereas if you pass it up, the resentment you feel will mean that things are less likely to be fine long-term.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now