Talk

Advanced search

Eridge house rejection-will it mention waiting list if we are on one?

(7 Posts)
ELDV Sun 19-Oct-14 17:56:12

Very disappointingly we received a rejection letter from Eridge House yesterday. It basically just said she wouldn't be offered a place in the 2015 reception class and good luck finding another school.

There was no mention of a waiting list. Does that mean we have no chance of even being on a waiting list?

We applied a yr and a half a go. And can only think it was too late. The school doesn't give assessments.

If you are on a waiting list will the letter always mention it?

Any help / reassurance would be much appreciated

sanam2010 Sun 19-Oct-14 20:11:27

that's very strange, I always thought the school is undersubscribed if anything. you should call them, very strange.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Sun 19-Oct-14 20:18:23

I don't know the school in question, but 2015 Reception is a big year (bulge year I think they call them).

DD is due to start Reception next year too & we are having to think about schools she is likely to get into as much as schools we would prefer.

ELDV Sun 19-Oct-14 21:19:21

To be honest I heard the same about being undersubscribed, but we really liked it. I just feel like we have maybe done something to get them off-side but I can't think what. It is of course half term so we will have to wait two weeks to get hold of the school.

JJRoll Fri 07-Nov-14 14:19:52

I think it's quite the opposite. From what I've heard, the school has become increasingly popular over the past few years and is heavily oversubscribed for the next few years. Apparently they have a huge waiting list for next September. Good luck with finding a place!

Rgm1 Thu 20-Nov-14 11:05:22

I've heard similar and that EH is becoming oversubscribed at Reception level with a growing waiting list. Fulham schools are constantly changing and places becoming available so places will become available i'm sure. Good luck!

Fulhammother Sun 23-Nov-14 22:15:11

The school has become very oversubscribed and also has a new admissions policy, it is on their website. Also they often have many siblings taking places (always a good sign). Good luck, it is a fabulous school!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now