Talk

Advanced search

Lyceum School Taken Over by Minerva

(5 Posts)
LondonLady30 Fri 11-Jul-14 15:17:07

Hi all,

We have our DD down to start at the Lyceum School next September. We loved the Head(s) when we went to visit and everything else about the school so signed her up then sat back and didn't bother with a 'Plan B' as we thought we had it all sorted!
The school has now been taken over by Minerva education who are primarily an investment group and we've no idea what this is likely to mean for the school. Its very early days as the new Head hasn't even started yet but does anyone have a child at the school and has any insight in to what the school is like under Minerva and/or what their plans are for the future? (Their latest newsletter looked as if they were planning on moving location).
We still don't have a local Plan B school and are now too late for Charterhouse Square or Dallington so we are hoping that it maintains its standards and special character!
Anyone have any thoughts!?
Many thanks.

ladygracie Fri 11-Jul-14 15:21:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

piattobianco Fri 10-Apr-15 23:06:28

Hi LondonLady30! we are in a very similar situation as our 3.5 yr old is due to start at the Lyceum in Sep 2015 and the news surrounding the new ownership and headmaster really made us re-think our choice. I am due to meet with the new head, which you may already have done, so happy to compare notes if you like! The small, family-like atmosphere is the very reason we liked the school in the first place, and it is in nobody's interest to disrupt or change that... if anything, the renovation/extension plans sound very positive and something the kids will be able to benefit from (and the parents too, as the plans include a kitchen, so no more packed lunches!).

RedFleur123 Fri 11-Sep-15 12:15:37

I have children at the school. I would look for a plan B.
I think its going to be very hard to replace the old heads. The replacement lasted 1 year. We're on our second and she's an interim head. Parents in the upper years are very unhappy

LondonLady30 Sun 22-Nov-15 20:09:25

RedFleur, thanks for this. Very interesting. What a shame. Such a wonderful little school under the original Heads. Sad to hear what you say but appreciate the insight - we'll keep our options open.

Any other current parents got any further insight?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now