Talk

Advanced search

Islington primary schools drayton park or sacred heart

(5 Posts)
worriedathome Sat 28-Jun-14 09:59:25

Hi,

I was wwondering if anyone had any information on either of these schools. I was originally planning on sending my son to Drayton Park but after the recent report grading it as requires improvement I am slightly concerned that it is not very good. My other option is Sacred Heart however I cannot find any information regarding this school either. If anyone knows anything it would be really appreciated.

mrsgirond Sat 28-Jun-14 17:11:12

Schools which have the label requires improvement have support and are often the ones that are improving fast. Apparently Drayton Park has a new head who is strong. Rotherfield isn't far either and has just been rated good.

catastrophewaitress Mon 30-Jun-14 23:29:36

hi OP I will send you a PM

worriedathome Mon 08-Dec-14 22:39:22

Is anyone else in the area in the same situation. It feels as if they say you have 6 choices but realistically there are only a few schools that it is worth applying to.

sdmum Tue 16-Dec-14 11:11:37

I visited Drayton Park and was very impressed-the new head teacher seems very committed and dynamic. We're hoping to send our child to Joan of Arc, but Drayton Park doesn't seem like such a bad alternative. I haven't visited Sacred Heart and would be interested in hearing from people who know it. The Primary School League Tables for 2014 were just published and Sacred Heart got the highest score for passing with 4 and above. Drayton Park jumped a lot too this year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now