Talk

Advanced search

Primary School Place

(4 Posts)
david1230 Fri 04-Apr-14 09:40:04

Hi All,

im new to this. Me and my wife have separated. We have a 4 year old. This all happened a month before we were to apply for a primary school place. My wife has moved out with our son. My sons lives in a split residency ( 4 days with my wife and 3days with me ) My wife has moved to a different council than me. She applied for schools around where she is renting, which im fine with. We just want the best for our son. She was sent a declaration of residency form as the child was registered at 2 different addresses. Has anyone else received one of these forms and will this pose a problem later on when the schools are allocated ?

prh47bridge Fri 04-Apr-14 10:40:11

Most LAs are only interested in where the children stay for the majority of school days. It sounds like that is with your wife so there shouldn't be any problems.

david1230 Fri 04-Apr-14 11:39:51

Thanks. Will the LAs do any further checks do you know ?

prh47bridge Fri 04-Apr-14 12:52:02

It depends on the LA and whether you are applying for a popular school. LAs where there is a history of people using false addresses for school applications tend to check addresses carefully. LAs where there is no significant problem tend to be less rigorous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now