Talk

Advanced search

Infant schools in Fiveways area of Brighton

(4 Posts)
Loulamummy Mon 31-Mar-14 14:15:16

Just wondered if anyone could give me up to date reviews of infant schools around Fiveways. I have been to see Hertford, Downs and Balfour and liked them all. I know they are full at present so will have to wait to get my son into the last term of reception, but I can't decide what order to put them on the application. Hertford infants is the closest but I am concerned that I might need to move DS to Downs before he goes to Hertford Juniors (which apparently is not so good). Any thoughts?

derektheladyhamster Mon 31-Mar-14 14:18:41

Both my boys went to Downs, the youngest is now in yr 6. Very happy boys with no problems socially at school.

Quite a few move from Hertford to Downs at juniors (they take 8 extra children per year in the juniors)

getyourshoesonNOW Mon 31-Mar-14 19:47:24

Why don't you put this on the local Brighton board? You will get more response there.

Swoosg Tue 01-Apr-14 11:55:36

Hertford Juniors is a fantastic school actually - I have several friends whose kids moved up from the infants and they are having a great experience. I also have friends whose kids go to Balfour, and they are actually quite negative about it. Balfour and Downs are big schools - four-form entry - which doesn't suit all children.

I wouldn't worry about changing at junior level anyway - quite a few people do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now