Talk

Advanced search

Moving in autumn & applying for a primary school.

(6 Posts)
Missisdoyle Fri 28-Mar-14 11:04:41

We are thinking of moving in the autumn ,but need to find out when the closing date is for my ds's potential primary school application. Any advise, or has anyone done this before ? My ds will be 4 in Jan ,next.

tiggytape Fri 28-Mar-14 11:18:44

The closing date will be mid January next year - the same month that he turns 4.
I think the exact date is around the 15th Jan but you should double check that.
If you are in the new house by Autumn this year then you wil be in good time for the applications.

doodledotmum Fri 28-Mar-14 12:16:37

Mid Jan but check exact date with your LA

PastSellByDate Fri 28-Mar-14 12:38:50

Having done this around the time of secondary applications - my advice to you is that you ensure that the agreed closing date is discussed from the outset.

Things may go wrong/ delays - but if you need to be in a postcode by a certain date in order to be eligible for your desired school - make this clear to your solicitor that this is THE issue as far as you're concerned.

Our solicitor was very good about not letting the closing date slip back too much. We moved in a week later than we desired (former owner didn't want to move on Friday the 13th).

Also be prepared (and organised enough) to supply new community charge/ utility bills/ etc... to your Local LEA as proof of new address (our LEA required this in addition to our application because the previous June in Y5 (the date of recording home address of Y6 pupils due to transfer) we were at our old address.

HTH

prh47bridge Fri 28-Mar-14 12:39:49

The national closing date for primary school applications is 15th January.

Missisdoyle Sat 29-Mar-14 10:36:56

Thanx & sorry for late reply. ( Yesterday proved to be a tricky one, baby teething & ds running amok ...) I shall bear that all in mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now