Talk

Advanced search

Transport to school

(2 Posts)
bobot Tue 25-Mar-14 17:11:50

We've recently moved to a new area, where there's a real shortage of primary school places. Our LEA are unable to placxe my two children within the same school. The initial plan was to continue to home educate one until a place becomes available - am happy to do that but could be for a long time.

We also applied to the next county, and have been offered places at a lovely village school - I much prefer it as it is much smaller than the town schools which are all four form entry, and I'm concerned that one child who has Asperger's Syndrome would be lost and overwhelmed in such a huge school. He is almost 7 and has not been to school previously.

I want to accept the places in the village school, but I can't drive. I can get there by bus, but it is a two hour round trip. I'd be taking a 2 year old and a newborn with me. I want to put the children's happiness and education first, but don't know how realistic this is, especially in all weathers in the winter?

Has anyone used a taxi for the school run? If so, how much did it cost? The school is 4 miles away. I'm just trying to explore every option to get them there.

UniS Wed 26-Mar-14 20:05:37

you could ask a local taxi firm to give you an estimate for a regular trip. ask for their price for 5 days a week term time.
Its an awkward trip by bus twice a day, not sure that would work well long-term. and your stuffed if the time table is reduced.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now