Talk

Advanced search

schools in Chingford/Highams Park

(2 Posts)
sillybilly1978 Sat 22-Mar-14 16:36:56

We are thinking of moving to the area and I am desperate to work out which are the good primary and secondary schools so that it helps when looking at where the houses for sale are located. Any help you could provide would be much appreciated. Thank you......

Sixgeese Sat 22-Mar-14 17:26:47

Different schools have different good and bad points. Yardley Primary has a good reputation in Chingford and Handsworth has a good reputation in Highams Park. My DC go to C of E and we are happy there, but no school is perfect for every child.

As for Secondary Schools, again they all have good and bad points. Highams Park is well thought off, but gets worse A level results to Chingford Foundation, but Chingford Foundation gets worse GCSE results to Highams Park. Heathcote, I don't know much about, most people say it is improving, but I don't intend to send DC there so haven't really looked into it.

Your best bet is to visit a few schools and see what would suit you and your DC, you may not get much choice for a mid year application, if you contact the council (LBWF) they would be able to let you know what schools have places in the years you need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now