Talk

Advanced search

Last year at this school and I am so grateful to them.

(3 Posts)
ormirian Fri 21-Mar-14 14:44:51

DS2's parents evening this week.

DS1 and DD long gone. DS1 at college and DD in yr 10.

DS1 hated school but put his head down and got one with it. With a bit of extra help he did OK.

DD liked it and worked really hard - they helped her to excel. She is flying along at secondary school.

DS2 is something else. Didn't hate school just didn't see the purpose of it. Late to read, late to write, never quite got the hang of sums. Bright, knowledgable, funny and highly articulate but an stubborn, argumentative PITA in many ways. He had never been written off and so many teachers seemed to really 'get' him throughout the years, even the scary old-school ones. He has had one to one teaching in maths for a few years, extra help with handwriting and reading coaching. Not once have we had a parent's evening where he has been treated as anything less than a pleasure to teach. He is heading for level 4s in his sats - and beleive me that is a miracle.

Shall be sad to say goodbye after 11 years.

BitOutOfPractice Fri 21-Mar-14 14:46:40

Awww! That's so great to hear.

I have the same at DC2's school this year. I will be really sorry to "leave" as a family.

Why don't you copy that in a letter to the school and cc it to chair of governors

ormirian Fri 21-Mar-14 14:53:05

Thansk bit - I intend to write to them we we leave for good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now