Talk

Advanced search

Help ! DD2 starting new school tomorrow in Y4 !

(5 Posts)
snowyowl70 Sun 16-Mar-14 21:52:06

After an unhappy Y3/4 due to a very domineering little girl in her class and for a couple of other reasons my DD2 is moving schools tomorrow ! She had a visit on Friday morning which went well but then had to go back and say goodbye to some good friends sad I am hoping that her first full day will go well. She likes the little girl who has been asked to "buddy" her but is anxious because the buddy has packed lunch and we have opted for school dinner - sounds bit silly to adults but this is a big thing ! please make reassuring noises ........

Amy106 Sun 16-Mar-14 22:52:43

That is a big deal when you are little but try to be calm and reassuring. She will be fine although it may take a little while to settle in to a new situation. I hope all goes well tomorrow. Try not to worry!

MillyMollyMama Mon 17-Mar-14 08:35:49

My DD started at a new school in yr4. Everyone had the cooked lunch.... But she never looked back. She made lots of new friends and was included in lots of parties and invited round to play by other girls so she fitted in quickly. It is just a case of getting used to new ways of doing things and new teachers. Hope all goes well and there is really nothing to worry about.

kilmuir Mon 17-Mar-14 10:06:25

hope all goes well. onwards and upwards

snowyowl70 Mon 17-Mar-14 22:34:01

Thank you everyone, it went well - no tears but she was exhausted at the end of the day - and pleased to see her old class mates at Brownies tonight smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now