Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Maths - level 2a to 3c

(6 Posts)
HeisenbergsHat Tue 11-Mar-14 10:03:19

Is there somewhere I can find a straightforward list of stuff that DS needs to be able to do to make the progression from a 2a in maths to a 3c?

He's in Y2, currently a 2a, and his teacher is aiming for a level 3 by the end of the year. I do maths work with him at home (he did the Maths Factor winter school and plays Times Attack) but I'm not sure what his next steps should be really. The teacher has given him some L3 sats papers to do at home but he seemed very unsure when I showed them to him so I think he needs more help to get to that stage.

PastSellByDate Tue 11-Mar-14 10:53:27

Hi HeisenbergsHat:

Try these:

clc2.uniservity.com/GroupDownloadFile.asp?GroupID=20010993&ResourceId=2455595

www.sandringham.newham.sch.uk/menu5/Supporting_Families/Helping_Your_Child_Learn/images/Maths_Expectations_Year_3.pdf

www.roadeprimary.co.uk/maths_targets_booklet3.pdf

These should give you some general idea of the progression in skills.

HTH

LittleMissGreen Tue 11-Mar-14 11:00:35

2a to 3c would be expected progress for the next term (1 whole level year, so 1 sublevel a term). So be led by what he is doing in school.

TheGruffalo2 Tue 11-Mar-14 12:21:28

Securing a Level 3

HeisenbergsHat Tue 11-Mar-14 18:04:53

Thank you, those links are just what I was looking for.

Special thanks to pastsellbydate you always give such useful information on these maths threads, and gave me some great advice when my DD was struggling with maths - with a little extra work at home she's gone up one whole level since September thanks

PastSellByDate Wed 12-Mar-14 13:22:58

Woo HOO - HeisenbergsHat - what wonderful news about your DD's maths progress.

Tell your DD she's AWESOME! I hope she's enjoying it more now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now