Talk

Advanced search

Knights & Castles - YR6 - Learning Journey ?

(4 Posts)
RockinHippy Mon 10-Mar-14 20:00:14

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for suitable links/info to help DD study this topic ?

She's year 6 & for various reasons, is currently on a break (hopefully) in between primary schools & this was the topic her previous school had lined up for this & the next couple of terms.

We are hoping to get a start at another local primary next term, in the mean time we are homeschooling in order to keep her up to date with her learning.

She has been reluctantly researching & studying this topic a bit, but we realise its quite a broad subject. Its now really caught her interest & as she does have a habit of getting carried away & learn more than needed. I'm more than happy to let her lead the way, but realise we need to also cover the areas of the topic as she would be studying them in school, so that she is up to scratch when starting her new school.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction please

TIA smile

columngollum Mon 10-Mar-14 20:07:31

Local library?

There's a long brilliant video and talk on the renovation at Dover Castle, somewhere on the Internet. I can't remember exactly, but I think it might be a Time Team special.

It's here

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G6ShZCPneo

https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/dover-castle/great-tower/

mrz Mon 10-Mar-14 20:17:31

newyorkprimaryschool.com/CastlesandKnights.html

primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/Castles.html

www.childrensmuseum.org/castles/games.php

assemblytube.com/forum/key-stage-2-video-assemblies/castles-horrible-histories/

RockinHippy Mon 10-Mar-14 20:34:35

That all looks fantastic - THANK YOU!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now