Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Learning at home books -yr 3.

(4 Posts)
Minx82 Thu 06-Mar-14 15:02:28

Can anyone recommend any books I can buy to help DD at home with her maths and English etc. There's just such a huge choice!

Josuk Thu 06-Mar-14 15:15:27

We use Schofield and Sims for math - I love the way their workbooks are structured and the wide choice of topics.
http://www.schofieldandsims.co.uk/parents/
They also have workbooks for English, but we have not use them.

Shamoy Thu 06-Mar-14 15:17:08

I've just got a great work book from the works if you've got one of those near you? Aimed at age 8-9 so year 3. My 8 year old is enjoying it :-)

whycantIchangemyusername Thu 06-Mar-14 16:57:49

Here's a range of books that I haven't seen in the shops and someone on another thread highly recommended. They are heavily disguised workbooks so I can imagine them going down well and intend getting some for DD shortly.

DD's currently very taken with the Carol Vorderman one's. Her maths has improved enormously, although this was partly due to starting her on an easier book to build confidence which makes all the difference.

We've also got the Level Up maths books, which are really comprehensive and very clearly linked to the current national curriculum.

Hope that helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now