Talk

Advanced search

Beckenham/Bromley

(11 Posts)
MariaGiapraki Wed 26-Feb-14 13:00:22

Hi everyone! I have a 3-year old girl going to nursery in Southgate . We must immediately move near PRU hospital in Bromley. We were told to better stay at Beckenham. Can anyone suggest a good primary school and nursery in the area?

MariaGiapraki Wed 26-Feb-14 13:04:11

Also could you recommend nice areas / streets to live in Bromley/Beckenham?

wineoclocktimeyet Wed 26-Feb-14 13:05:44

Dont know about nurseries I'm afraid, but Darrick Wood primary school is very good and very close to the PRUH. Also, The primary in Farnborough Village is well thought of.

beckenham has good primary schools but is not so great for secondaries.

wineoclocktimeyet Wed 26-Feb-14 13:07:14

All the good schools tend to have very small catchment areas so if schools are important to you, it's probably best to choose them first and then look at the streets around them.

PhoebeMcPeePee Wed 26-Feb-14 13:10:35

Balgowen is meant to be good but the catchment is tiny - my friend's son got a place this year on sibling priority but otherwise wouldn't have got in & she lives 3 streets away!

MariaGiapraki Wed 26-Feb-14 13:16:00

Thank you!

MariaGiapraki Wed 26-Feb-14 13:17:08

Thank you!

MariaGiapraki Wed 26-Feb-14 13:18:28

Thank you!

noramum Wed 26-Feb-14 14:17:10

Are you looking for a 2014 or 2015 entry to Reception?

A friends of mine lives in Beckenham and her girl goes to Marian Vian, this is suppose to be a very good school, she is happy there. But I think all schools in Bromley/Beckenham etc are oversubscribed, so you need to make your homework.

Have a look here:

www.bromley.gov.uk/downloads/file/1784/starting_primary_education_in_bromley_2014_booklet

The schools show the distances from the last 3 years, this gives you an idea but most schools had a bulge class in the last year or the year before, so if there is a large jump in distance (negative or positive) you should query it with the school.

MariaGiapraki Wed 26-Feb-14 16:17:21

Thank you for your advice

notmydog Fri 28-Feb-14 00:19:43

My daughter is in Crofton Junior, which is not too far from the hospital. It is a massive school and I think the catchment area might be slightly bigger than the average in Bromley. We are very happy, although I have no idea about the Infants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now