Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Book day costume for me.

(13 Posts)
Fuzzymum1 Wed 26-Feb-14 12:41:04

As a far from slim forty-something TA I need to come up with a costume for next week. Any ideas? I'm drawing a complete blank - help!

Fuzzymum1 Wed 26-Feb-14 12:46:54

I should probably add I work with reception.

Googleplexmania Wed 26-Feb-14 13:03:15

Winnie the witch
Dalmation
Charlie cook
Wicked witch of the west

BlueChampagne Wed 26-Feb-14 13:16:00

The witch from Room on the Broom
Princess Pearl from Zog
Little Red Riding Hood

mellymell Wed 26-Feb-14 13:36:13

Go for it with Xena, warrior princess [is that a book? Am sure there must be one?]

Fuzzymum1 Wed 26-Feb-14 13:58:43

LOL, red riding hood might be good, I have some red fabric I could make into a cloak :D
We went to see room on the broom at the theatre recently so that could be a god one too :D

Fontofnowt Wed 26-Feb-14 14:02:48

My ds went as sharon Osbourne the year her autobiography came out.
Book day was new then and I hadn't grasped the spirit of it.

crumbleofblackberries Wed 26-Feb-14 15:00:59

I saw a great costume once of the very hungry caterpillar. The teacher dressed in one of those springy tunnels that young children crawl through (holes cut for the arms), and made the caterpillar face from card. It was really effective although not very practical!!

ac73 Wed 26-Feb-14 15:18:18

Where's Wally. Masking tape around a red top and bobble hat. Black rimmed glasses and a walking stick. smile

TeenAndTween Wed 26-Feb-14 17:44:32

The Gruffalo?

In general you might be able to find various adult onsies. If you can find eg a wolf then you could go as The Big Bad Wolf, or a reindeer as Rudolf etc etc.

I like the witch from Room on the broom though, easy too.

imip Wed 26-Feb-14 20:46:09

Dd2 is going as the very hungry caterpillar!

If you have dark green clothes (one nice, green leaf)

I'll make a small colour caterpillar, somehow! Coloured tights stuffed with newspapers and attached to her top.

Then orange and yellow tulle, in a no-sew-tutu method, which makes a halo crown (the warm sun).

Caterpillar the only hard part. May be worth thinking about if you had the dark green clothes?

sassytheFIRST Wed 26-Feb-14 20:48:05

When I was a TA I went as the paper bag princess wearing back tsjirt and leggings, plus a sports day sack race sack with head and arm holes, grubby face and a crown.

Trojanhouse Wed 26-Feb-14 20:51:20

Gangsta granny

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now