Talk

Advanced search

Could you level my DD's writing sample, please?

(9 Posts)
juniper44 Wed 19-Feb-14 18:22:54

Totally independent, and I've copied it exactly. Today she wrote:

Lmknmb

I assume it's some sort of acronym.
If it's relevant, she's 4 months old. Should I enter her in to MENSA?

missmapp Wed 19-Feb-14 18:24:37

Id say level 3b , would be higher, but there is a woeful lack of connectives- maybe that could be your focus with her for next week?

LeBearPolar Wed 19-Feb-14 18:28:18

I think she sounds completely normal for her age but lovely. Enjoy her! smile

<have I got that right? That is the correct response to all gifted and talented queries, isn't it?>

Kittymalinky Wed 19-Feb-14 18:30:11

I'm pretty sure the lack correctly demarcated sentences would get her above a 1a.

Still...the content is good and draws the reader in. I would agree with miss on connectives being her next target as well as punctuation (oh and get on to Mensa first thing tmrw morning)

juniper44 Wed 19-Feb-14 18:33:42

Kittymalinky I had a child come to me as a 2a last year. There was not a single full stop in his work, and it took me until the end of the year to get them in consistently.

Anyway, off topic. Back to my child genius... I forgot to mention it was typed. She also managed to send the message. So does she get extra marks for being ICT literate?

TheGruffalo2 Wed 19-Feb-14 18:49:09

grin
I thought it was for real before I opened it - I've sworn off giving any level judgments because it is impossible to be accurate and award a level on a single typed piece of work away from the context and was going to respond as such ...
But thank you for sharing that.

JodieGarberJacob Wed 19-Feb-14 19:10:13

shock at her phonic knowledge. It's usually not until phase 6 that they learn the silent letter combos of 'kn' and 'mb'. Amazing!

OutwiththeOutCrowd Wed 19-Feb-14 19:22:06

I think I've cracked her code:

Level me knowledgably now, Mumsnet Brainiacs!

That's one cunning baby!

oftengrumpy Thu 20-Feb-14 15:04:17

I think that the m is short for Michael and Knmb is clearly a misspelling. She is obviously composing an essay about the Education Secretary. It looks to be very insightful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now