Talk

Advanced search

Teaching assistants wage

(7 Posts)
Becka23 Tue 18-Feb-14 16:40:39

The advertisement states 33 hours term time only. Wage states £13725 pro rata, per annum.
What would the monthly wage be and would I get paid during the holidays? Does the wage mean pro rata because it's not full time so it's pro rata for 33 hours?

It's so confusing and I can't afford to go school holidays without getting paid. Some help would be appreciated thanks

LIZS Tue 18-Feb-14 16:42:42

I think you need to prorate that amount (ie that is the ft salary for that level) but then it is paid evenly over 12 month.

Reminder Tue 18-Feb-14 16:43:11

you will be paid for 33hr per week over 38 week. holidays are unpaid but your annual salary is divided by 12 and paid over 12 months so you do get a pay packet in the holidays

AgadorSpartacus Tue 18-Feb-14 16:48:45

What they said

You will probably be looking at coming out with roughly between £900 & £950 a month after tax, NI and pension. Just an estimate based on my take home.

TheScience Tue 18-Feb-14 16:56:35

It looks like the hourly rate is around £7, so about £230 a week in term time. I think you'd also get paid statutory holidays, a percentage of the standard 5.6 weeks (including bank holidays) - so approximately 4 weeks.

I'd guess the yearly salary would be around £10k.

jamdonut Tue 18-Feb-14 17:13:38

Lucky being able to have proper fulltime hours! All Ta's in our school can only do 28 hours max ! You will be paid every month even though it says term time only . There is a funny little formula for working it out,but I couldn't tell you! I take home £740 (ish) per month,which works out to a bit less than £10,000 pa ( I work term time plus 5, which means I get paid for all training days.)

cassgate Tue 18-Feb-14 19:26:21

Hi,

My annual salary is the same. The formula to work out pro rata is. Take annual salary and divide by the no of hours (37 normally) then divide by no of weeks (52.1). This gives you an hourly rate. Times this by the number of hours you are contracted to work and then times by no of weeks you get paid. I get paid for 43.3 weeks a year even though i only work 38 weeks. This will give you your pro rata annual salary. Divide it by 12. You will get paid in 12 equal installments even though you are only being paid for 5 of the 13 weeks school holidays. Hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: