Talk

Advanced search

'Convict' style top! - help please!

(13 Posts)
KingscoteStaff Tue 18-Feb-14 11:23:54

Has anyone seen a long sleeved (ideally) or short sleeved black and white striped top that my 10yo DD can wear with black leggings as a convict costume? Have tried Gap and Next, but can only find navy and white stripes.

Any help gratefully appreciated!

GoofyIsACow Tue 18-Feb-14 11:24:52

Buy a black one and wrap white insulation tape round it in stripes?

Could you go American and look for orange? Lots of orange clothes in the boys' sections. DS is always wearing an orange top and trousers and I always think he looks like a little prison inmate!

Definitely look at the boys' sections - I've found one already but bet there would be more somewhere like matalan, primark, M&S?

www.hm.com/gb/product/91693?article=91693-A

Although it's sold out online, you could check in store.

www.matalan.co.uk/kids-clothing/boys/shop-by-age/boys-3-13yrs/tops/s2548102/boys-2-pack-stripe-t-shirts

Gap - boy's 8-16 years online exclusive under "tops" (can't link)

This in M&S - looks like it's titled wrong but it's a onesie.

Girls' top in new look

Not stripey but could fit! grin

faded looking stripes

The gap one is pretty good. I can't link because I'm in Germany and it redirects me to the german site when I click on a product.

Huitre Tue 18-Feb-14 13:47:06

www.clothingattesco.com/tops+t-shirts/f+f-striped-long-sleeve-t-shirt/invt/ad411085

Tesco! Nice and cheap, too.

OldBeanbagz Tue 18-Feb-14 13:58:44

DD got a black and white top in Next recently but it came in a triple pack.

OldBeanbagz Tue 18-Feb-14 14:00:44

M&S twin pack has a navy one.

jamdonut Tue 18-Feb-14 17:19:02

Why not get a plain white top and draw arrows on it? That's what I'd do.

nicename Tue 18-Feb-14 17:20:33

I would so draw arrows on a t-shirt!

We need an Elvis get-up for goodness sake! When is DS ever going to wear a sparkly jumpsuit with a cape again??

KingscoteStaff Tue 18-Feb-14 19:13:38

I love this place. I go away and plan next week's maths and you guys do it all for me!

Picturesinthefirelight Tue 18-Feb-14 19:22:27

Is it sad to say that I have both a black & white stripy top & Elvis wig (we hired the costume) in my loft

The tops were from Primark.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now