Talk

Advanced search

State or private school? If private are we too late for sep 2015 intake?

(4 Posts)
Schools2015 Sat 15-Feb-14 13:53:23

I am looking for a school for my lo who is sep born so starting reception in 2015, looked at squirrels but unfortunately on waiting list so we do not know weather he will get in or not, presently living in Battersea and also looked at Newton prep still not filled a form so not sure if we are too late for that now? Has anyone got any personal opinion about dolphins school?

And if it was state school living in Battersea can you apply for schools on the other side of the river? That would be Chelsea?

Any advice on schools state or private would be greatly appreciated.

scaevola Sat 15-Feb-14 16:32:10

Which year of entry are you seeking in September 2015?

MadameSin Sat 15-Feb-14 18:30:36

Private schools will have their own admission policy and you'll find their closing dates etc on their websites. As for state schools … assuming they work the same as Greater London LEAs you would need to apply for a place by the end of October 2014 for admission Sept 2015. Each school will have a catchment area which is available from wither their website or the local education authority site (Wandsworth in your case). I'm not sure what the river does to the catchments, but you may find you are able to get into a school on the North side. You need to go online or make some calls ….. Good luck!

tellmeonasunday Sat 15-Feb-14 19:32:07

N London private schools have just completed their admissions process for Sept 2014 reception entry so you'd be fine here, though some insist you out names down before the age of one, but plenty don't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now