Talk

Advanced search

Should school shoes leak after 3 weeks

(16 Posts)
hpickup Thu 13-Feb-14 16:17:06

Bought DD new shoes 3 weeks ago, and they are leaking already!!

Is this normal - from Clarks

ShatnersBassoon Thu 13-Feb-14 16:20:07

Yes, they should hmm

You know you need to take them back.

hpickup Thu 13-Feb-14 16:21:41

Went back to Clarks but they said they couldn't do anything as I didn't have the receipt.

DustyBaubles Thu 13-Feb-14 16:25:00

Why would you think it normal?

We're they marketed as special 'river runs through them' shoes?

Take them back, and explain they are unfit for purpose. Perhaps you have a bank statement or something, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Unless they are canvas pumps, or sandals or something, which you would expect to leak.

ilovepowerhoop Thu 13-Feb-14 16:27:30

Are they marketed as waterproof? I would think most shoes would let water in if they are leather unless they gave been treated to make them waterproof. In wet weather you would be better with wellies if you want to have dry feet. Proof of purchase can include bank statements as well as receipts but not much use if you paid cash.

Queen0fFeckingEverything Thu 13-Feb-14 16:28:41

School shoes are all shit ime. Style over substance, like most other uniform items.

My DD walks to school in wellies and changes her shoes when she gets there. This way one pair of school shoes lasts for ages and she never haswetf feet.

hpickup Thu 13-Feb-14 16:34:39

I paid in cash unfortunately.

I know the weather has been bad and she does have to walk down a country lane, but they should'nt leak after a few weeks. She now has to put up with wet shoes in school.

Starballbunny Thu 13-Feb-14 16:47:40

Of course they shouldn't, but as long as schools refuse to let girls wear black ankle boots Clarks can sell shit

hpickup Thu 13-Feb-14 16:55:21

Exactly - school won't allow boots so she has to wear pumps in this awful weather. I'm on a tight budget and can't really get her a new pair till end of the month.

OwlCapone Thu 13-Feb-14 16:57:47

Why isn't she wearing appropriate boots for the weather and taking her shoes in a bag? I honestly would not expect ordinary shoes to stand up to anything beyond light rain TBH.

OwlCapone Thu 13-Feb-14 16:58:38

If walking in horrendous rain/through puddles I've always sent mine in in wellies.

hpickup Thu 13-Feb-14 17:04:29

That's partly her fault - typical teenager wont wear willies to school

OwlCapone Thu 13-Feb-14 17:06:39

I see you didn't check what autocorrect was up to. I had to change it to wellies every time! grin

OwlCapone Thu 13-Feb-14 17:07:38

Regardless, if she doesn't want wet feet, she needs to wear boots of some kind to school. Shoes that are not sold as waterproof generally aren't waterproof.

ilovepowerhoop Thu 13-Feb-14 17:14:40

of course ordinary shoes wont stand up to horrible weather so I dont think taking them back is appropriate.

itsahen Thu 13-Feb-14 18:28:45

Clarks girls shoes are rubbish for this. My DD wears boys ones that look like trainers instead

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now