Talk

Advanced search

In year transfer - what to expect

(4 Posts)
NathanBarley Sat 08-Feb-14 19:55:05

We've applied to transfer dd to another school closer to our house. The LEA have advised that we'll be 1st on the waiting list as we're the closest to the school, and there may well be a place available imminently.

Can anyone share their experience of an in year transfer - how much time is given between notification of a place and us taking it up? we'll need time to sort uniform and apply for a place at wrap around care. Will it be a case of 'start on monday'? or are you given a couple of weeks grace to make the transition?

crashbangboom Sat 08-Feb-14 20:00:20

My son was given a 21 day period to start. This does however include half term week so may only be 14 days normally.

Good luck!

Swimmingwithsharks Sat 08-Feb-14 21:07:32

We were offered a place on Wednesday and started on the following Monday. Uniform was a mad rush etc.

NathanBarley Sat 08-Feb-14 21:16:01

Thanks! Sounds like not much time then, hoping it will be more on the 2 weeks side!

I hope to get it over with quickly in a way though as I feel guilty for the upheaval for dd, she will miss her current teacher and doesn't understand she would have been losing the teacher in July anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now