We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Avon House

(6 Posts)
memommy Thu 06-Feb-14 19:24:19

Hi,

After a huge search we are planning to decided on woodford green - avon hose school for my son for his reception. I visited the school few days back, The school is small. And the classroom are quite good not very modern , but i can tell nicely ventilated.

I visited during the school hours. So i could even see the teachers teaching . I have few questions on the teaching. If anybody's children are already at avon can u please help me on the these.

How is the teacher and children relationship. I could see that teacher are very reserved. Saying this, its just what i felt during my 5 minutes stay in the class. hence thought of putting it up here so that i get a clear picture. The pre-school where my son is currently in, is very lively and teachers are very caring and friendly with the students. So i was a little worried after visiting avon house.

Also i should infrastructure is not that great, i am not much worried on that frankly speaking unless and until the academics is good. So can you please let me know how is the school towards academics ?

I have read reviews saying they have a close link with bancroft's thats the only reason for me consider this school. So anybody's who have/had their children at avon house , can you please help...

Should i also look around st aubny's and woodford green prep schools as wel.. ?
Herd st aubny's is good , but they mainly concentrate on 11+ results and not 7+ as they want their children to be in till 11+ ? Not sure how good they are academically.
WGP : Herd its good too. And also academic.

claireopi Thu 19-Mar-15 18:08:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

claireopi Thu 19-Mar-15 18:11:48

claireopi Thu 19-Mar-15 19:38:33

Applesforjam Wed 16-Sep-15 21:17:24

Hi, I'm reviving this old thread in the hope that someone can give me their personal experience of this school? I visited recently and liked it but it would be really great to hear some other opinions! We're also in the catchment area for Nightingale school so any opinions on this school is also most welcome!
Thank you in advance smile

Applesforjam Thu 17-Sep-15 21:17:45

Anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now