Talk

Advanced search

Cameron House vs Thomas's Battersea

(9 Posts)
creuttan Wed 05-Feb-14 09:24:59

Hi, I have a four year old active Son who is about to start reception this Autumn. Luckily he got accepted to both Cameron House and Thomas's Battersea. We can't make up our minds. Can anyone advice? Many many thanks

onebananatwobanana Wed 05-Feb-14 10:27:31

Depends on your son's personality but I would go for Thomas's Battersea - bigger, more sport, more opportunities, more music, goes to 13 so keeps your options open longer if you want, no boys exodus at 7+/8+ whereas I think quite a lot of boys leave CH at that stage (or they did in the past).

creuttan Wed 05-Feb-14 10:39:08

Thanks for input @onebananatwobanana!

sanam2010 Wed 05-Feb-14 13:04:48

agree, when I visited Cameron House, the headmistress herself even told me it may not be the right school for a very active/sporty child because of limited space. CH is a lovely school but probably only if you look for that small intimate more family like environment. Thomas's more of a business but with the advantage of sports, facilities etc.. You must have a gut feel of which school fits better? They are very different!

creuttan Wed 05-Feb-14 13:21:59

No this is exactly the problem... I don't have a gut feeling hence I'm interested in hearing other parents opinions. i like the fact that its nurturing once they are young but later on might not matter as much. Thomas's is a large school and my son is fairly shy. Also, it's a bit of a logistic exercise that i will have to take into account. CH is better located.

dog1dog2 Wed 05-Feb-14 15:34:54

go for CH then, you will have local friends too (important esp in early years) - you can always move him later if necessary. people are always moving in and out of london and most schools always have slots, despite what they might tell you!

creuttan Wed 05-Feb-14 15:53:36

well this is kind of what i am hoping for. to enter at 7+

dog1dog2 Wed 05-Feb-14 17:57:52

If you want your DS to sit the 7+ for a different school do CH as Thomas's won't prepare him. They want boys to stay to 13. You should check with CH tat they will prepare him as they are probably keen for boys to stay to 11. There's always tutoring.....

creuttan Wed 05-Feb-14 18:38:26

yes there is.. I am booked in for a tour on Friday at CH and hopefully this will give me some of the answers. Also interested in the differences in terms of extra curriculum activities. I suppose T can offer more options as its a bigger school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now