Talk

Advanced search

Calling all Reception teachers

(5 Posts)
PenguinBear Tue 04-Feb-14 20:41:26

What makes you a great teacher?

I've been teaching quite a long time now and am ways wanting to tweak things so I can be the best teacher possible for the children.

What do you do that makes you a great teacher? hoping to borrow some ideas

PenguinBear Tue 04-Feb-14 20:41:51

Always not ways!

ladyquinoa Tue 04-Feb-14 21:52:43

I'm not a reception teacher but an AMAZING one teaching my DS. She is always striving to do the best she can for the kids and really cares. I'd describe her as approachable, humorous, firm but fair and gentle. She gets a lot out of the kids academically but values play and creativity. I can tell she is very fond of my DS and holds him in good regard.

nonicknameseemsavailable Tue 04-Feb-14 22:52:15

we have a lovely reception teacher - DD1 had her last year and DD2 has her this year. I am not sure what it is about her, she is motherly, fun, has her own style, definitely has personality, caring, quite soft and gentle but can control the naughty children, always concerned about the children as individuals and what works/doesn't work for them, willing to listen to parents as well as children, happy to take on board parents views or thoughts about their children. Just a natural at her job really and I think ALL the children and parents think she is absolutely wonderful.

2cats2many Wed 05-Feb-14 08:48:27

My ds has an NQT for his reception teacher this year and she is just the sort of teacher I would have wished for him. She's warm, friendly, really approachable and seems to have lots of fun with the job. As a result, he's thriving in her class and learning lots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now