Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone heard from Bute?

(12 Posts)
josuk Mon 03-Feb-14 00:27:49

Must admit the waiting is difficult for me. Luckily, I managed to keep DD unaware of the process, so at least she is not nervious. Can't imagine how I'd be dealing with 11+ that are not that far in the future... sad

diva100 Mon 03-Feb-14 12:49:45

We are on the waiting list for Bute, but haven't heard anything yet.

josuk Mon 03-Feb-14 22:07:34

Are you on a waiting list after the interview? We haven't heard yet. I just want to know, don't like uncertainty!

diva100 Tue 04-Feb-14 06:43:03

No we got placed on a waiting list for an interview.I rang yesterday as i need to make a decision on another school and they said they were yet to make any offers.From what I gather which may be wrong, people tend to pick LEH over Bute.

josuk Tue 04-Feb-14 10:11:14

LEH is excellent, just impossible for us unless we move. Will you be able to delay the other school's decision? Has Bute given you any indication whether they tend to go into waiting list for interviews?

Our interview was a couple of weeks back, so now it's just a waiting game!

diva100 Tue 04-Feb-14 12:21:14

Yes they do interview from the waiting list.However, I have no idea how big the list is.
Bute is fantastic too, I really do hope we are still in.
Let me know if anything changes.Goodluckx

josuk Wed 05-Feb-14 17:45:19

I heard that the letters are being sent out today/tomorrow. Fingers crossed for all of us! Hopefully your DD gets an interview!!!

diva100 Thu 06-Feb-14 10:09:14

Wishing you luck.Let me know how your DD fairs.

josuk Thu 06-Feb-14 13:39:57

We got great news today!
If you get an interview - here is what I understand happened. DD was given another book to read and they discussed it. Then there was general conversation about her current school and homework - guessing they were trying to understand if she had any outside tutoring. They asked what she wanted to be when she grew up. Nothing stressful - she didn't realize that it was an "interview". Also - she did bring a favourite book with her - as it was suggested in the Open Day - but as I understand, she didn't even take it out of her bag.
In the previous years I heard that the girls were asked to describe themselves - eg I am ...., I like......
Also - after the interview they called me for a chat with the HM and she asked some qustions about our family, and why we are applying. All very pleasant experience. Good luck!

diva100 Thu 06-Feb-14 13:57:51

Wow! I am so pleased for you, it is a great school.I will let you know if I get contacted.Thank you for the information.Your daughter will love it! Will keep you posted.

josuk Thu 06-Feb-14 18:19:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

somanyschools Fri 07-Feb-14 07:31:42

Hello, I assume this is a thread about the 7+ at Bute.
Could you tell me what does Bute test in the written part: is it the traditional maths, comprehension and essay? And then they call back a few girls for interviews?
Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now