Talk

Advanced search

Colet v KCS 7+

(9 Posts)
blueswitch Sun 02-Feb-14 11:43:01

DS has been offered a place at both KCS and CC, and we are unable to decide. Commute wise its roughly the same. Any recent experience from any parent from any of these school?

DS is very academic and sporty, and we would like him to be an all-rounder and most importantly enjoy his childhood. How would one compare the academic pressure at both schools?

I know St Paul has better reputation than KCS later in the career, but we wouldn't want to go with just reputation.

Need to make a decision by tomorrow, so please help!

Michaelahpurple Sun 02-Feb-14 13:12:40

Both great schools. I think kings is slightly less pressured than colet, for what it is worth, but Colet is I think a little higher standard academically. Nice problem to have though !

ThisIs40 Sun 02-Feb-14 14:16:34

What about Kings versus Colet versus Westminster? We have to answer by Thursday/Friday...

niku Sun 02-Feb-14 20:29:51

Colet (St Pauls) and Westminster have the highest intake to oxbridge universities (circa 45%) according to a survey by sutton trust if that is any help ??

blueswitch Tue 04-Feb-14 11:22:12

Thanks Michaelahpurple and niku. We have decide to go with KCS as we think, knowing our son, he will be a much happier child there.

onebananatwobanana Tue 04-Feb-14 11:58:28

Good choice - I think it is the most rounded of the 3 schools and they offer IB and A levels. Just personal opinion !

Clothqueen Tue 04-Feb-14 22:32:11

My son got into KCJS last year at 7+. Its a fantastic school. I can't speak highly enough of how well they seem the balance things. I did not enter him for CC as I think its more pressurising, although clearly it suits many boys very well but for my DS, KCS was the right choice.

Schmedz Wed 05-Feb-14 21:29:59

If I had a boy I would definitely want him to go to KCS. And at senior level they are regularly in the absolute top schools in the country with results, but they offer such a well rounded education and outstanding opportunities. Boys there are also overwhelmingly very pleasant children, and while there are an arrogant few, you would probably find them in greater numbers elsewhere...

singersgirl Wed 05-Feb-14 22:49:09

I know loads of boys at Colet and St P's and honestly they are down to earth, funny and generally a nice normal bunch. I'm sure the same is true of KCS but I wouldn't discount Colet on that basis. The boys I know at KCS seem just as busy and accomplished and the parents very similar at both .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now