Talk

Advanced search

Village primary schools near Bath - help please!

(9 Posts)
Mkb99 Fri 31-Jan-14 21:28:59

We're hoping to move to the Bath area, with our DSs 2 and 4. Thinking village with primary school at the moment. So far we've seen some nice villages east of Bath e.g. Colerne and Yatton Keynell. Anyone know anything about these primary schools or any other village primaries in the area? I would really appreciate any recommendations or advice. Many thanks!

Onesie Sat 01-Feb-14 00:19:03

Coombe is good I think

Mkb99 Sat 01-Feb-14 07:29:53

Thanks Onesie. Is that Coombe Down?

Mkb99 Wed 05-Feb-14 19:26:52

Hi again. Just wondered if anyone else has any experience or advice on Colerne, Marshfield, Yatton Keynell schools (or any other village schools around Bath). Would really appreciate any thoughts before we have to apply!

lalasmum17 Wed 05-Feb-14 19:48:24

As a rule of thumb, the primaries in and around Bath are pretty good.

Colerne is in Wiltshire, not BathNES. Marshfield is South Gloucs

I've heard Wellow is lovely.

You could try asking on www.bathmums.co.uk

Not such an issue in those villages, but one of our more rural friends was complaining about "as the crow flies" catchment areas. Rather than going to a nice school about 1/4 mile away they are sent to the one across the river from them (just closer, but a good 30 minutes in rush hour traffic).

Mkb99 Wed 05-Feb-14 20:15:28

Thanks very much for the advice lalasmum17. I'll have a look at Wellow now.

Wandastartup Wed 05-Feb-14 21:48:50

Colerne suffers from lots of movement with forces children. Lots of children come to Marshfield.
Marshfield popular lots leave at 8/9 for private schools.
Some year groups are full others smaller.
Yatton Keynell similar to Marshfield.
Trinity in Acton Turville& Kington st Michael also good but a little further from Bath.
All great villages with lots going on too.

Mkb99 Wed 05-Feb-14 22:14:36

Thanks Wandastartup. I really appreciate your insight.

Wandastartup Wed 05-Feb-14 22:38:33

You're welcome! Pm me if you want any more information. I live in 1of the villages you've mentioned!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now