Talk

Advanced search

Hall Grove or Lambrook - which one?

(7 Posts)
Coniger Tue 15-Oct-13 09:14:21

I would really like some personal input here so hopefully we can get closer to making up our minds. We are looking for our DD who will be going into reception 2014. Any personal experiences on pastoral care/ teachers/ bullying/ academics etc

TIA

Con

Inreplytoyourquestion Tue 15-Oct-13 09:35:05

My children are at Lambrook. They ADORE their school, which to me says it all really.

The head teacher at the pre-prep and prep are very approachable as are the teachers. It has a lovely atmosphere.

I am very happy with the academics. They are not a hot house, which I really like because I don't want my children to burn out and not enjoy their childhood. However, all the children are being pushed to improve and do their best. There is a good balance between academics, music, sport, outdoor activities.

My children are the quiet sort but they are confident and happy, which I think the school has a played a big part in.

My only reservation are the fees! They are expensive and they have increased their fees by about 4.5% in three consecutive years.

Coniger Tue 15-Oct-13 16:38:57

thanks for replying! - anyone want to let me know what they think of Hall grove?

Inclusionist Tue 15-Oct-13 19:16:57

Have you checked there are spaces at Lambrook? Somebody else on here was saying she enquired and was told waiting list only.

My DS is starting at Lambrook in 2014. We liked it head and shoulders above anywhere else we looked at.

I think Hall Grove looks great too just from looking at the website. It wasn't possible geographically for us but it would otherwise have been a contender. Lambrook has slightly more comprehansive wrap-around, if that is a factor for you.

Coniger Wed 16-Oct-13 09:02:12

she has a place at Lambrook. signed her up 2 years ago - just cant make my final decision!!

Inclusionist Wed 16-Oct-13 20:35:13

It is really hard!

pokito Thu 22-Jan-15 14:08:32

I hope you don't mind me adding to this post. How far do families travel to Lambrook? I love the idea of local network of friends but i know schools of this calibre attract parents from far afield. We're about half an hr away.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: