Talk

Advanced search

Do you know Bury st Edmunds - are all the primary schools good?

(7 Posts)
LadyVader Wed 03-Jul-13 10:20:12

Really need some help with this.

We're being relocated to Bury st Edmunds town in the next month or so and am trying frantically to research primary schools for reception places this September.
I've no idea how this is going to work as we've long since missed the application deadline in January and I'm assuming we'll have to accept a place where we can be squeezed in.

My question is, is there any primary school that I should avoid? We are trying to find a house right now and am prepared to move to a specific catchment area.

People are generally complimentary of the town schools but I'd love to hear from someone who knows the area.

diabolo Wed 03-Jul-13 11:01:52

Hi, I've worked in schools in BSE for 9 years now.

I'll send you a PM if that's OK?

LadyVader Wed 03-Jul-13 11:07:04

Of course, diabolo!

diabolo Wed 03-Jul-13 11:15:32

Done grin

diabolo Wed 03-Jul-13 11:17:02

Oh and of course, the ones I've mentioned to avoid if you can, will be the ones with lots of spare places for September, so be prepared to hold your ground.

LadyVader Wed 03-Jul-13 11:25:50

Hmm, that's what I was afraid of.
Thanks for your pm!

LiliaSant Wed 24-Dec-14 19:43:07

Hi Diabolo
I saw your post and as I am also researching primary schools in this area, could you please let me know your thoughts... What schools would your avoid and why and what schools do you think are good ones and why (private and public). I would appreciate your help as this is my only child and I don't have any first hand experience with schools in Bury. Many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now