Talk

Advanced search

Giving a book to the school library-what to write in it.

(9 Posts)
SavoyCabbage Sun 23-Jun-13 10:21:10

I want to give a book to our school library to thank dd's Reading Recovery teacher. I want to write something inside to say that it is to thank her for the work that she has done with dd this year, but I don't know what to put.

I'm getting her another present too, that's actually for her!

Elibean Sun 23-Jun-13 11:09:52

I would keep it very simple - along the lines of 'With thanks to Mrs X, who makes reading so much more fun'

Elibean Sun 23-Jun-13 11:10:13

oops - meant to take the 'more' out!

SavoyCabbage Sun 23-Jun-13 11:24:57

That's perfect, thanks so much. I had a complete block. I will put that, maybe with the more.

Dd couldn't read a word when she started!

Saracen Sun 23-Jun-13 12:02:57

What a lovely idea Savoy, and what a nice inscription you've suggested Elibean! If I were Mrs X I would be very touched.

Periwinkle007 Sun 23-Jun-13 18:54:11

nice idea. I send in a book for the classroom instead of sweets for my daughters birthdays or just if we see one we know they haven't got and it is cheap but nice and I just write in them 'for everyone to enjoy' so the teacher knows not to send it home again!

zingally Sun 23-Jun-13 19:27:48

As a teacher, I often do this. Either at the end of a school year, I'll quietly add a book to the classroom book-box, or if I'm leaving the school altogether.

Usually I write something along the lines of, "To the Year One's of 2012/2013, thanks for the memories! With love from, Zingally."

Or if I'm leaving a school altogether - "To all the children of XYZ school. With love and best wishes for the future, Zingally."

SavoyCabbage Mon 24-Jun-13 23:13:11

Thanks for the ideas. She hasn't got a classroom so I wanted to give it to the library, dedicating it to her for teaching dd to read.

PastSellByDate Tue 25-Jun-13 10:05:13

Hi SavoyCabbage:

DD1 made a book mark with all the 'big words' she learned to describe Mrs. X who lead a reading recovery programme at her school. The list included words like:

supportive
hilarious
encouraging
patient
clever
helpful
caring
listening
inventive

The list went on and on - she wrote them in all sorts of different colours & styles on both sides of a thin strip of card & I had it laminated. We then punched a hole in the top middle and put a tassel through it to make a book mark.

The book mark was put in the book to donate to the reading group book case & the card said - this book is for your readers next year and this book mark is what I think about you. Thank you for helping me to read Mrs X. I used to hate reading because it was a struggle, but I love it now!

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now