Talk

Advanced search

Giving a book to the school library-what to write in it.

(9 Posts)
SavoyCabbage Sun 23-Jun-13 10:21:10

I want to give a book to our school library to thank dd's Reading Recovery teacher. I want to write something inside to say that it is to thank her for the work that she has done with dd this year, but I don't know what to put.

I'm getting her another present too, that's actually for her!

Elibean Sun 23-Jun-13 11:09:52

I would keep it very simple - along the lines of 'With thanks to Mrs X, who makes reading so much more fun'

Elibean Sun 23-Jun-13 11:10:13

oops - meant to take the 'more' out!

SavoyCabbage Sun 23-Jun-13 11:24:57

That's perfect, thanks so much. I had a complete block. I will put that, maybe with the more.

Dd couldn't read a word when she started!

Saracen Sun 23-Jun-13 12:02:57

What a lovely idea Savoy, and what a nice inscription you've suggested Elibean! If I were Mrs X I would be very touched.

Periwinkle007 Sun 23-Jun-13 18:54:11

nice idea. I send in a book for the classroom instead of sweets for my daughters birthdays or just if we see one we know they haven't got and it is cheap but nice and I just write in them 'for everyone to enjoy' so the teacher knows not to send it home again!

zingally Sun 23-Jun-13 19:27:48

As a teacher, I often do this. Either at the end of a school year, I'll quietly add a book to the classroom book-box, or if I'm leaving the school altogether.

Usually I write something along the lines of, "To the Year One's of 2012/2013, thanks for the memories! With love from, Zingally."

Or if I'm leaving a school altogether - "To all the children of XYZ school. With love and best wishes for the future, Zingally."

SavoyCabbage Mon 24-Jun-13 23:13:11

Thanks for the ideas. She hasn't got a classroom so I wanted to give it to the library, dedicating it to her for teaching dd to read.

PastSellByDate Tue 25-Jun-13 10:05:13

Hi SavoyCabbage:

DD1 made a book mark with all the 'big words' she learned to describe Mrs. X who lead a reading recovery programme at her school. The list included words like:

supportive
hilarious
encouraging
patient
clever
helpful
caring
listening
inventive

The list went on and on - she wrote them in all sorts of different colours & styles on both sides of a thin strip of card & I had it laminated. We then punched a hole in the top middle and put a tassel through it to make a book mark.

The book mark was put in the book to donate to the reading group book case & the card said - this book is for your readers next year and this book mark is what I think about you. Thank you for helping me to read Mrs X. I used to hate reading because it was a struggle, but I love it now!

HTH

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: