Talk

Advanced search

Waiting list

(4 Posts)
TandC Wed 05-Jun-13 13:03:56

We're 16th on the waiting list for Wimbledon Park primary school. We're 500 and something metres away. Anyone think we may get in for a reception start this year? About to move out of London based on the fact that we won't get in, but actually, we might ...

DeWe Wed 05-Jun-13 13:26:46

How many in a year? If it's 30, no chance, if it's 150 I'd still say not terribly likely but possible.

lala21 Wed 05-Jun-13 18:05:37

We've no 12th on the list for a 30 form entry and we're 300 metres away and was told by the admin officer its very unlikely any movement would happen. Its a ofsted good, if your's is an outstanding I'd tend to agree with DeWe

tiggytape Wed 05-Jun-13 19:00:14

They take 90 per year. There were 37 siblings and 2 children in the LAC or SEN category (i.e. 39 highly unlikely to decline a place) which leaves 51 places awarded to only/oldest children on distance. To get a place therefore you are relying on more than one quarter of all the children who might possibly decline their place doing so which is pretty unlikely.

If you didn't mind staying on the list for a long time (years rather than months) you might take a gamble that you'd get in eventually but I'd say it is very unlikely to happen this year let alone before September unless there is something unusual about that area (eg a lot more people have private school offers than normal and a lot of people take these up last minute)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now