Talk

Advanced search

Navy pinafore dress

(7 Posts)
literarygeek Sat 25-May-13 08:49:40

Hi all
Dd starts reception in sep. She needs a navy pinafore dress but all the ones I've seen have been really stiff and look uncomfortable. I was thinking of a jersey one instead. There're some on the next website but I wondered if anyone had seen any in a non-virtual shop?
Thanks!

Emily7708 Sat 25-May-13 10:12:23

I saw some in Tesco and they didn't seem stiff:

http://www.clothingattesco.com/girls/f+f-pleated-pinafore/invt/ap020804/&bklist=icat,4,shop,catgbacktoschool,gi-back-to-school

noramum Sat 25-May-13 10:46:03

DD had a jersey one fromM&s, grey not navy though. But I wasn't impressed at all. They bobbled very quickly and she looked less smart than in her usual ones.

I had it for PE days so she could just pull it over her head and didn't replace it when she outgrew it. I don't think I saw a lot of them at her school.

If you want to go for comfort a skit and shirt may be bett but then the shirt often comes out of the skirt and again it looks quite messy.

teacherwith2kids Sat 25-May-13 10:49:19

Have seen many children in jersey pinafores over the years. None look smart, all seem to go bobbly and shapeless very quickly. Although the 'standard' school uniform material used by e.g. M&S does 'look' stiff, it soon softens with [frequent] washing but remains looking smart.

dancemom Sat 25-May-13 10:49:24

Dd has two navy jersey ones from Next and they are great.

hazeyjane Sat 25-May-13 15:14:53

The pinafores look stiff, but really aren't. I prefer them to skirts because, they cover all manner of stains on dds less than pristine polo shirts.

literarygeek Sat 25-May-13 20:28:10

Ok thanks, guys. That's helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now